Best Reasons why Manchester United could win against Bayern Munich Today September 20, 2023. Here are some reasons why Manchester United could win against Bayern Munich on September 20, 2023, in the UEFA Champions League:
- Manchester United have a good record against Bayern Munich. They have won two of their last five meetings, including a famous 5-2 win in the 1999 Champions League final.
- Manchester United have a number of world-class players in their squad. Casemiro, Onana, Bruno and Marcus Rashford are all capable of match-winning moments.
- Manchester United are playing at Away. They have a strong record at Allianz Arena, and the crowd will be behind them.
- Bayern Munich have been inconsistent this season. They have lost two of their last five matches, including a shock defeat to Union Berlin.
- Manchester United have a new manager in Erik ten Hag. He will be eager to make a good impression, and he will have his team well-prepared for this match.
Of course, Bayern Munich are also a very good team, and they will be the favorites to win. However, Manchester United have the quality to beat them, and they will be looking to get their Champions League campaign off to a good start.
Here are some additional thoughts:
- Manchester United have a good counter-attacking game. They have the pace and skill to hurt Bayern Munich on the break.
- Bayern Munich have been vulnerable to set pieces this season. Manchester United have a number of good set-piece takers, such as Bruno Fernandes and Christian Eriksen.
- Manchester United have a good Away record against German teams. They have won their last four Away matches against German teams in the Champions League.
Overall, Manchester United have a number of factors in their favor heading into this match. If they can play to their strengths and avoid making mistakes, they have a good chance of beating Bayern Munich.