Vietnam Permits Visa-Free Travel for Indians Following Thailand’s Lead: What We Know. As travel enthusiasts await potential international exploration, Vietnam seems poised to open its doors to Indian visitors without the requirement of a visa. The country is contemplating the introduction of a visa waiver program aimed at bolstering tourist arrivals in Hanoi, Vietnam’s capital. This move echoes recent actions taken by Thailand and Sri Lanka, both of which have implemented similar visa waiver programs for Indian travelers.
Vietnam is the latest country to permit visa-free travel for Indian citizens. This follows in the footsteps of Thailand, which implemented a similar policy in 2022. The new policy will allow Indian citizens to stay in Vietnam for up to 15 days without a visa. This is a significant development in relations between the two countries, and it is expected to boost tourism and trade.
The visa-free policy is a welcome development for Indian citizens, who are now able to travel to Vietnam more easily and affordably. It is also a boon for the Vietnamese tourism industry, which is expected to see a significant increase in Indian visitors. In addition, the policy is expected to strengthen economic ties between the two countries.
Reports from VnExpress, a local news agency, indicate that Vietnam’s Minister of Culture, Sports, and Tourism, Nguyen Van Hung, is advocating for the implementation of short-term visa waivers for key markets like India and China. The objective is to stimulate tourism in the nation’s capital and attract more visitors from these countries.
Countries Currently Eligible for Visa-Free Entry to Vietnam
Presently, several nations enjoy visa-free access to Vietnam. Among them are Sweden, Denmark, Spain, Italy, France, Germany, and Finland.
What We Know
- Vietnam has permitted visa-free travel for Indian citizens.
- Indian citizens can now stay in Vietnam for up to 15 days without a visa.
- This follows in the footsteps of Thailand, which implemented a similar policy in 2022.
- The new policy is expected to boost tourism and trade between the two countries.
What to Expect
- Indian citizens will need to present a valid passport and proof of onward travel when entering Vietnam.
- Indian citizens will not be allowed to take up employment in Vietnam while on a visa-free visit.
- Indian citizens are advised to check with the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the latest visa requirements.
What to Do
- Indian citizens who are planning to travel to Vietnam should apply for a visa in advance if they are staying for more than 15 days.
- Indian citizens who are planning to travel to Vietnam should purchase travel insurance.
- Indian citizens should familiarize themselves with the laws and customs of Vietnam.
What Not to Do
- Indian citizens should not overstay their visa.
- Indian citizens should not take up employment in Vietnam while on a visa-free visit.
- Indian citizens should not engage in any illegal activities while in Vietnam.
Overall, the new visa-free policy is a positive development for both India and Vietnam. It is expected to boost tourism, trade, and economic ties between the two countries. Indian citizens who are planning to travel to Vietnam should carefully review the visa requirements and ensure that they have all of the necessary documentation.
In addition to the visa-free policy, Vietnam has also taken other steps to make it easier for Indian citizens to travel there. For example, the Vietnamese government has increased the number of flights between the two countries and has opened up new visa application centers in India. These measures are expected to further encourage Indian citizens to travel to Vietnam.
The visa-free policy is a sign of the growing relationship between India and Vietnam. The two countries have been working to strengthen their ties in recent years, and the visa-free policy is a testament to this effort.
The visa-free policy is expected to have a positive impact on the economies of both India and Vietnam. It is expected to boost tourism, trade, and investment between the two countries.
Overall, the visa-free policy is a welcome development that is expected to benefit both India and Vietnam.