How To Apply For Shell Postgraduate Scholarship. The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) has announced its eleventh annual SPDC Niger-Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Programme for applicants from the following regions: Delta, Rivers, Imo, and Bayelsa States. In this post, you will learn how to apply for the Shell postgraduate scholarship.
The objective of the program is to provide an opportunity for students from Niger Delta States to further their education in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.
In the eight years of this program, 79 students have won the opportunity to study at top-rated universities in the UK on a full scholarship. For the academic year commencing in September 2023, Shell, in partnership with three universities in the UK (Imperial College London, University of Leeds, and University of Aberdeen), will award scholarships for one-year postgraduate M.Sc. studies.
The scholarship will cover tuition fees, one economy return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK, and a contribution towards living expenses only.
Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Courses
The following courses qualify for an award of scholarships at the three institutions:
1) Imperial College London
- MSc Petroleum Engineering
- MSc Petroleum Geo-science
2) University College London
- MSc Chemical/Process Engineering
- MSc Mechanical Engineering (Rotating Equipment or Metallurgy)
- MSc Civil Engineering (Geo-Technics)
3) University of Leeds
- MSc Exploration Geophysics
- MSc Electronic/Electrical Engineering
Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Display sound intellectual ability and leadership potential.
- Meet the individual university’s English Language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS score valid for Sept. 2018 admission). Please be informed that TOEFL is no longer recognized by most universities in the UK. Candidates are advised that failure to meet each university’s English Language requirement at the time of selection may invalidate their application.
- Be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2019.
- Be an indigene of Rivers, Delta, Imo, or Bayelsa states (documentary proof of this will be required and will be verified).
- Currently reside in Nigeria.
- Plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed program of study.
- Have obtained a university degree (at least of equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper Honors degree).
- Must not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country.
- Have a Nigerian international passport valid until December 2023.
- Be neither a current nor former employee (who has left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC or the Royal Dutch Shell Group or any Shell company or the local Nigerian consultant.
- Must not be a spouse, child, or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the local Nigerian consultant.
How to Apply for the Shell Postgraduate Scholarship
1. Submit an application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
2. Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of Imperial College London, the University of Leeds, and the University of
Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
3. The universities will process applications and select
candidates to attend interviews before being considered for final selection.
4. Completed scholarship application forms must reach the participating universities and the local Nigerian consultant no later than June 15, 2023.
5. More information on specific course admission requirements can be obtained from the websites of the three individual universities.
Please note that the stipends (living expenses) are based on the Association of.